Samsung Galaxy S10 vs LG G8 ThinQ is where the two companies go head to head in 2019! Samsung and LG are two of the biggest tech giants based in South Korea. Every year, the two consumer electronics giants battle it out in the smartphone markets as their flagship smartphones go head to head.
Both the companies released their flagship smartphone in the same week. The Samsung Galaxy S10 was unveiled on 20th of February 2019, LG G8 ThinQ followed four days later.
Here’s a comparison between Samsung Galaxy S10 vs LG G8 ThinQ based on price, features and specifications of the phones!
Samsung Galaxy S10 vs LG G8 ThinQ: Specs
Both these smartphones are very similar in terms of specifications that they have to offer! However, the devil lies in the details. Samsung Galaxy S10 vs LG G8 ThinQ is a battle between two very similar smartphones. Here’s a breakdown:
- Display: Both the smartphones offer a 6.1-inch display. However, the Samsung Galaxy S10 offers an AMOLED display while LG G8 ThinQ has an OLED display. Interestingly, the aspect ratio in LG’s smartphone is that of 19.5:9 as opposed to the 19:9 ratio that S10 offers. LG has a notch on the screen while Samsung has a punch-hole camera. Both the phones offer QHD+ and HDR display.
- Processing Power: Another common element in the Samsung Galaxy S10 vs LG G8 ThinQ battle is that of the processor! Both these smartphones are powered by the 7nm octa-core Snapdragon 855 processor. However, LG G8 ThinQ offers 6GB RAM compared to the 6GB or 8GB options that the S10 offers.
- Storage: LG seems to have the upper hand in the Samsung Galaxy S10 vs LG G8 ThinQ battle when it comes to storage. The LG G8 offers a storage space of 128GB while the Samsung Galaxy S10 offers 128GB and 512GB variants. However, LG offers expandable storage up to 2TB while Samsung limits it to an additional 512GB.
- Camera: One major difference in the comparison between Samsung Galaxy S10 and LG G8 ThinQ comes when you consider the cameras of the two phones. The LG G8 offers a dual camera setup featuring 16MP+12MP cameras while the Samsung Galaxy S10 has a triple-camera layout with a 16MP+12MP+12MP setup. LG offers an 8MP camera in the front while Samsung offers a 10MP front camera.
- Battery: Both the phones support wireless charging 2.0. However, another difference between the Samsung Galaxy S10 vs LG G8 ThinQ comes when you look at the battery capacity. Samsung offers a 3,400mAh battery as opposed to the slightly-larger 3,500mAh battery of the LG G8.
Samsung Galaxy S10 vs LG G8 ThinQ Price Comparison
When it comes to the price comparison between Samsung Galaxy S10 vs LG G8 ThinQ, the situation is still unclear. LG has not confirmed the price of the LG G8 ThinQ yet but has said it would be similar to how the LG G7 was priced last year. This should ideally put it between $750 to $850. The Samsung Galaxy S10, on the other hand, is priced in at $899 for the 8GB/128GB model.