For the second month in a row, Ukraine is resisting the Russians. The world is witness to the bravery of Europeans in defending their land and the democratic world as a shield.
War is never pretty on either of the fighting sides despite them being very brave and with high spirits knowing that they are fighting for their freedom.
The war is still going strong even though the reactions have calmed down. Even after the war ends, the suffering will not end because the damage done will take time to be fixed. We collected more of the atrocities that happen daily in Ukraine and urge you to donate to charities that use the money to take care of the refugees or buy military equipment, like Blue/Yellow or The National Bank Of Ukraine.
If you follow the news, you will most likely hear about the war regardless of where you live. Maybe you want to know what’s happening.
When you hear that Ukrainians are doing well, you should be aware that Russia was planning to seize it in a few days. The Russian troops are having difficulty moving forward because they are not giving away their positions.
The civilians are doing what they can. They are making Molotov cocktails, stealing Russian tanks, and trying to resist.
2. A Ukrainian Man With Down Syndrome Bakes Bread To Feed Soldiers Fighting The War.
All of the stories that come from the war zone tell about small and big victories Ukrainians have achieved, but they are also shadowed by the other side of the war. There were deaths, injuries, and lost homes.
The city of Mariupol is one of the most important parts of the country. It has become unlivable because people don’t have heating, water, food, or access to medical care, but Russians won’t allow the formation of humanitarian corridors so civilians who are stuck there can’t escape. Nothing is left of it.
4. Nazar Nebozhenskyi saved 20 fellow soldiers by drawing fire from 3 Russian btrs and killing 2 of them. Remember his name.
5. The cat was found after the fire. There was a rocket that hit a house near me. I’m looking for his owners. I take care of him, now he looks better.
The recent retreat of Russian troops from the capital of Ukraine revealed another level of cruelty.
The photos from the streets remind the world of a horror movie as the Ukrainians took over the town of Bucha. There were bodies scattered all over the place as they were killed or piled up in mass graves. The Russians were not choosing who to shoot. They were after people riding bikes, kids, the elderly, and animals.
Russia does not admit that its soldiers conducted the crime against humanity. They say that it was done by Ukrainians or NATO.
9. Art In Kyiv.
Russia is committing war crimes because wars have rules. The definition of a war crime can be found in the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court.
It includes, “Intentionally directing attacks against civilian objects, that is, objects which are not military objectives;” “Intentionally launching an attack in the knowledge that such attack will cause incidental loss of life or injury to civilians or damage to civilian objects or widespread, long-term and severe damage to the natural environment which would be clearly excessive in relation to the concrete and direct overall military advantage anticipated;” “Attacking or bombarding, by whatever means, towns, villages, dwellings or buildings which are undefended and which are not military objectives,” etc.
The Treaty on friendship, cooperation, and partnership between Ukraine and the Russian Federation was signed in 1997 and Putin violated it in 2014). Both countries agreed to maintain their borders as they were when they signed the treaty.
Europe and the Western world have realized that their reaction to the violation of the treaty was too soft and that it wasn’t the first act of aggression from Russia. They realized they weren’t strict enough with Hitler after his army attacked Poland.
When Hitler lost, Germany became a democratic country, the biggest economy in Europe, and a friendly neighbor. If history repeats itself, we have hope for the future, but for now, it is important to support Ukraine to help them win.
13. Defenders of Ukraine don’t leave anyone in trouble.
16. Volodymyr Zelenskyy was awarded the order for courage by the third-degree mayor of Melitopol Ivan Fedorov. Glory to the people of Ukraine.
19. Female soldiers are being rescued. The Afu Army Manual doesn’t provide for women to shave their heads. This was done in Russia.
25. The Russians went to Berserk when the fighting intensified. The occupiers were killing people and throwing weapons at the crowd. The man was given 20 minutes to kill his friend.
26. Roman Hrybov (On The Right), The Border Guard From The Snake Island, Author Of “Russian Warship…” Motto, Is Back At Home!
27. The view of a gardener brings spring colour to the city. She is hopeful that the conflict will be over soon and that the capital will be beautiful again.
28. Where is my dad? A young Ukranian boy cries from his hospital bed as he asks for his father, who was injured in Mariupol. His father is in the hospital.