Game of Thrones leaks and spoilers on Facebook and Twitter have spoiled the series for too many fans. If you also happen to be one of them, then this might just be the thing you’re looking for.
Game of Thrones final season will premiere on April 14, 2019, on HBO. Fans will finally see the fate of Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen.
However, fan theories, rumors, leaks and spoilers on social media and web could ruin the watching experience. So we have a written a guide to block Game of Thrones spoilers on Facebook and Twitter.
This article guides you through the steps to block all the spoilers of Game of Thrones. It will help you set up filters to mute the word “Game of Thrones” so the shock value remains the same.
How to set up Game of Thrones spoiler blocking on Facebook
Users will require a web browser extension named Social Fixer. Social Fixer can be downloaded from the add-on store of the web browser.
Social Fixer provides users options to either hide all the posts containing the flagged word or filter it out into a new browser tab.
- Open Social Fixer and navigate to Settings.
- Open the filters.
- Click on create on new filter to create a filter for the show.
- Give a Name to the new filter
- Paste these into the empty area: “Game of Thrones, Game of Thrones Season 8, GOT, Dragonstone, The Hound, Euron, Tormund “
- You can choose to block partial word or a particular phrase.
- Click done.
You can add your own keywords in the filter list to avoid the GoT spoilers. Now you can use Facebook in peace free of spoilers.
Blocking GoT spoilers on Twitter
Blocking Game of Thrones spoilers is easier on Twitter. The social media platform sports a feature which allows users to mute particular words on the platform.
- Open twitter and login into your profile
- Click Settings and navigate to Privacy settings.
- Open Muted Words.
- Click on Add option.
- Add Game of Thrones, Game of Thrones Season 8, spoilers, leaks, and the name of the characters such as Stormborn, Dragonstone and The Queen’s Justice.
- Choose when to mute and the duration.
This will help you to browse twitter free of spoilers.
It should be very clear that the social media fixer will only work on PC.