Avengers: Endgame reviews are out! With just two days left for the movie to officially hit the screens, excitement levels are at an all-time high. A storyline which has lasted for almost an entire decade is finally going to get an ultimate pay-off and fans are desperately waiting to watch it.
Some of the top reviewers and critics got a chance to view the movie ahead of its release during a premiere show. Let us take a closer look at what the reviews have been and what some of the top critics are saying.
Avengers: Endgame Reviews: Largely Positive Sentiments
Most of the reviewers have been rather positive and optimistic about the movie. It was a feelgood film from Marvel which makes use of every second of its three-hour-long run. The movie’s success is all but guaranteed and it is likely to be the highest-grossing MCU movie of all times. A feeling of finality continues to linger throughout the film.
Given that this might just be the last movie for some characters, the movie does justice to each of them. This movie is the ultimate tribute to the characters and to the fans who have stayed loyal with the Marvel Cinematic Universe for so long. Most critics have pointed out that the end to the movie is on a rather hopeful note which is a great ‘achievement’ of this movie.
Avengers: Endgame Reviews by Top Critics
- IGN [9.5/10]: “[I]n terms of pure heart, Endgame holds nothing back. This may not have been the only way for Marvel to end the first chapter of its sprawling superhero saga, but when faced with 14,000,605 possible outcomes, it manages to be a surprising and satisfying one.”
- The Guardian [5/5]: “In all its surreal grandiosity, in all its delirious absurdity, there is a huge sugar rush of excitement to this mighty finale, finally interchanging with euphoric emotion and allowing us to say poignant farewells.”
- CNN: “To Marvel’s credit, though, the filmmakers have sought to reward movie-goers with a spectacle that’s epic in every way. And if an unavoidable part of the “Endgame” story is how much loot the movie amasses, it’s because the studio has brought all of its considerable resources to bear to give the audience its money’s worth.”
- Comicbook: “It’s an absolute spectacle which needs to be watched on the biggest screen possible. It’s a love letter to fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. In fact, I’d argue that Avengers: Endgame is the film event of our lifetime and lives up to every bit of global hype it has garnered. It is setting a new standard and raising the bar for event films and likely will not be matched in this generation of filmmaking.”
- Empire [5/5]: “A victory lap that moonwalks through the best part of the MCU back catalogue and emphasises emotion as much as action, this is an intensely satisfying piece of blockbuster filmmaking.”