Conor McGregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov was one of the most shocking matches in the world of UFC. The result of this fight shook the world of UFC apart as Nurmagomedov defeated McGregor. The events after the match, as violence between the two, spilled outside the octagon, resulted in both the men getting banned and fined. Since then, the buzz of a rematch has been in the air.
Today, Khabib made a statement about this rematch, and it has since got the internet abuzz with excitement. Let us weigh-in on what he said:
Is a Conor McGregot vs Khabib Nurmagomedov Rematch Going to Happen?
The rematch has been the talk of the town ever since UFC 229 ended. Given the controversy after it, the hype has only increased over the months. Add McGregor’s ‘retirement’ angle to it – and you have the perfect recipe for a great rematch.
Up until now, Khabib had only been saying that McGregor needs to return and pile up a few wins before he faces him again. Today, however, a new statement was made about the McGregor vs Khabib rematch by Khabib, who said that “we have not yet finished what was on October 6”. This gives a clear hint that there’s unfinished business and that there’s a major possibility of a rematch.
When is Conor McGregor Expected to Return?
Currently ‘retired,’ McGregor is expected to make a comeback later this year. This is likely to happen after the result of UFC 242 where Khabib faces off against Dustin Poirier. He is up for a McGregor vs Khabib rematch, but has also made unreasonable demands to return to the company!