McDonalds order error

A vegetarian was left traumatized after eating meat for the first time at McDonalds.

I ordered a vegetarian meal at Maccies in Corstorphine, Edinburgh, and got a chicken burger in a veggie wrap.

The 26-year-old vomited and cried after one bite.




She posted on Twitter about her disappointment, saying: “I don’t care how much backlash I get.”.

“I’m traumatized after being served chicken that’s labeled as a veggie burger when I’ve never eaten meat.”

Mislabeling the food is dangerous. I vomited and still feel sick.

 

 

“I started crying and felt sick to my stomach and I was starving and was looking forward to it.”.

“As soon as I bit into it, and when I swallowed, I realized this wasn’t what I was expecting. It tasted like meat didn’t register because I have never eaten meat. It was kind of like Quorn, but it wasn’t as good as the veggie deluxe.”

 

 

I panicked and sent a message to my boyfriend. He checked to see if they changed the burger, but he didn’t see it.

“It traumatized me. I called Calum [her boyfriend] to come to pick me up to give me some moral support. He felt upset on my behalf too.”

“It’s dangerous,” he said. If you mislabel food, it could contain something someone is allergic to. I know chicken isn’t typical, but I could have been severely allergic as I hadn’t eaten it before and I could have been hospitalized. I enjoyed McDonald’s veggie deluxe when I didn’t want to cook, but I’m never eating there again because I felt sick the whole night and all day the next.”

 

 

“It’s not okay to serve meat if you order vegetarian food, and we’re sorry for the mistake.

We have procedures in place to prevent inaccurate orders, but in this case, they weren’t followed, and we’re looking into why. I’m in contact with our Customer Service Team to figure out a solution.”

Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!