Many consumers have already obtained their preferred iPhone 15 models since the iPhone 15 line was launched earlier this month. This time, the iPhone 15 series—especially the 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max—seems to be having a lot of problems.
We’ve listed the most significant problems that the customers have encountered so far in this article. So have a seat and keep reading.
iPhone 15 most reported issues
- Overheating- The iPhone 15 Pro’s natural titanium construction is a noteworthy advantage, but it also has one unsettling drawback: overheating. Users have expressed dissatisfaction at how hot their phones became while performing even routine tasks like a two-minute FaceTime.
The natural titanium iPhone 15 Pro gets extremely hot, so much so that it becomes difficult to hold. Furthermore, it heats up after just a 2-minute FaceTime call or when scrolling through reels for 8-10 minutes. This is a new issue for me, as I've never encountered this with any… pic.twitter.com/Qu0QK1xGLd
— Mohit Verma (@itz_mohitverma) September 25, 2023
- Camera Freezing- With the iPhone 15 models, the camera stopping up after being exposed to sunlight is another significant problem. Although this can appear to be completely normal, the problem is more frequent on the iPhone 15 range because of the preexisting overheating problems.
iPhone 15 Pro Max camera freezing up. It was kinda hot and sunny outside, so maybe it was a heat issue? pic.twitter.com/K7aAB1uKSN
— Parker Burton (@imparkerburton) September 25, 2023
- Battery Bloating-The battery bloating issue with this year’s iPhone 15 series is another intriguing problem. The battery of the iPhone 15 model is already swollen, and it has only been available for one month. Safety issues are raised by this in addition to concerns over the overall quality of the product.
- Fragile Screen and Back Glass- The screen and rear glass of the iPhone 15 series, especially the iPhone 15 Pro Max, are quite prone to breaking. With simply the pressure of his thumb, JerryRigEverything, a well-known YouTuber known for conducting endurance tests on his channel, smashed the rear glass of the Pro Max variant of the phone.
- Battery Drop post Restart- The battery % decreasing after resuming is another issue that people have been mentioning.
iPhone 15 Pro Max Overheating Instagram TEST:
Initial temperatures: Front 34.4°C, Rear 34.6°C
After about 15 mins on Instagram:
Front 35.6°C, Rear 35.5°C, Camera area 37.2°C. Side titanium frame maxed at 32.2°C.
No overheating observed.
Major issue with iOS – battery was… pic.twitter.com/L4LBJyO0Ze
— TechDroider (@techdroider) September 29, 2023
- The Infamous Lens Flare- The iPhone 15 continues to suffer from lens flare, which lowers the overall quality of photographs taken at night as well as low-light/harsh-lighting photos.
Light Glaring is still a severe issue on iPhone 15 Pro Max from what Im seeing (On the telephoto lens).
I wasn’t even pointing at the sun, the car was looking stunning so I was trying to capture it, but each one of my pictures had severe light glare (not in good way) and lots of… pic.twitter.com/CKTMit5F7J
— Fahim Al Mahmud Ashik (@fahim_al_mahmud) September 29, 2023
- Greenish Tint on Screen- The display on the iPhone 15 turns green or gets a greenish tint throughout the entire device. Even though the screen just turns green, the user interface is still in some way functional. Numerous users have experienced this problem.
— Chisel Bhatia (@chiselbhatia) September 22, 2023
- Appearance of Rainbow Lines in Camera app – When using the camera app, users have also noted the appearance of rainbow lines, which may be a display- or software-related issue. The program finally crashes as a result of these rainbow lines that appear to be flashing.
— Sûjåñ Tharu (@SujanTharu66) September 26, 2023
- Data Transfer Problem- There were numerous instances of the latest iPhones getting stuck at the data transmission screen during setup at the time of their initial introduction. The most current iOS 17.0.2 update, which was made available earlier this week, solved the issue.
PSA for anyone picking up their 15 today: Update to iOS 17.0.2 before doing a direct iPhone to iPhone data transfer
Apple warns that you shouldn’t do it on the installed build out of the box, although technically possible pic.twitter.com/TTm2uIWmau
— Michael Burkhardt (@mbrkhrdt) September 22, 2023
- Color Fading and Fingerprint Magnet Problem- The once-vibrant tint of the titanium frame has allegedly faded or worn away swiftly, according to several users. One consumer discovered that the titanium chassis of their brand-new iPhone 15 was only partially coated. Additionally, many customers have noted how readily the titanium frame picks up fingerprints.
Another quality control issue found on the iPhone 15 Pro
Some people got their brand new iPhone 15 Pro half painted on the side frames 👀 pic.twitter.com/qsrtXtEIwQ
— Mr Android FHD (@android_fhd) September 22, 2023
- WiFi issues- Some people have reported having trouble using the Wi-Fi on their devices. As a few users on X (Twitter) noticed, the Wi-Fi appears to disconnect every so often.
Anyone else’s iPhone 15 Pro knocking them off their WiFi every 3 minutes??
Hoping your girl didn’t get a lemon. I guess I can check another Wi-Fi network but my iPhone 14 never had this issue. pic.twitter.com/fptGGlEYkf
— Sara Dietschy 🍑y (@saradietschy) September 24, 2023
- Inability to go fullscreen in apps- On the iPhone 15, many users have additionally stated that they are unable to run their preferred apps in full-screen mode. Users have noted that Snapchat and other applications with a similar design have this problem.
Just got the Iphone 15 pro and Snapchat has an issue. black bar on the bottom, no wide angle option, front camera is zoomed in and the app layout is wack. anyone else have this problem
— Kevin (@Kevin070627379) September 22, 2023
- iPhone 15 Charging Power Banks- The fact that the phone charges power banks rather than the other way around is another significant problem with this year’s model. This is a problem because it makes your power bank unusable once the device has more than 50% battery life.
- Earpiece Speaker Rattling- The earpiece speaker of the latest iPhone rattles and produces an unsettling liquid-like noise at high volumes, which is another problem that has recently attracted notice.
So I got my 2nd replacement for my iPhone 15 Pro Max from Apple and it still has the same top speaker issue?!?! When the volume is above 80% with some songs and videos the speaker rattles and cracks like it has water in it. I tried this at BestBuy too and they had the same issue pic.twitter.com/EppdilT1q9
— MilesAboveTech (@milesabovetech) October 1, 2023
The iPhone 15 class has generated interest in the tech community since its debut. These latest iPhones, however, appear to be having several worrying problems.
As we resolve these problems, one last issue still needs to be addressed: will Apple be able to step up and offer a workable solution? Can software be updated to address the camera freezing and overheating issues? Post your comments in the space provided below.