David Beckham has been banned from driving for the next six months. The former England footballer was caught using his cell phone behind the wheel and fined for it.
What car was David Beckham driving when the incident happened?
Beckham came to the Bromley Magistrate Court on 9 May 2019 to complete the necessary formalities. He was driving a Bentley which was valued at 100,000 pounds. He received a total of six points on his driving license and is currently banned from driving.
David Beckham arrives at Bromley Magistrates Court where he may be given penalty points on his licence after previously pleading guilty for using a mobile phone while driving his Bentley. pic.twitter.com/e13K6M3qPb
— Channel 5 News (@5_News) May 9, 2019
What do the lawyers have to say about it?
On 21 November 2018, Beckham was driving his car in London’s West End when someone spotted him using his cell phone. Prosecutor Matthew Spratt said that Beckham was not paying attention to the road. Instead, he appeared to be looking at his lap. He said,
“The photograph was taken when the defendant was spotted using a handheld device at the knee level.”
On the other hand, Gerard Tyrell, Beckham’s lawyer has confirmed that his client cannot remember the details of the incident. Tyrell said that there is no excuse for whatever happened that day. Since his client does not remember the incident, he is going to plead guilty.
— Christina Michaels (@Kris_teen_a) May 9, 2019
About David Beckham
As we all know, David Beckham was a star footballer for the national team of England. Earlier, he used to play for Manchester United. He has also played for LA Galaxy and Real Madrid. He also spent the last days of his career in Paris Saint Germain. Currently, he is working to bring the 25th MLS to Florida.