Coronavirus has troubled the whole world and disease originated from China has affected the whole world. The deadly virus has taken over 80 lives so far and is infecting more people every second. The Chinese outbreak is so bad that it has even reached countries like the United States and there are also reports of infection from India too.
“Mommy is going there to fight the monster virus, I’ll be back soon.” 144 medical personnel from Chongqing Emergency Medical Centre left for Wuhan last night #CoronaOutbreak #CoronavirusOutbreak #coronarvirus pic.twitter.com/Ui4MLVgpWS
— Richard Ker (@richardker) January 27, 2020
The Chinese government is doing everything under their power to stop the deadly disease and has even quarantined their city of Wuhan from which the virus originated. Here is everything you need to know about coronavirus name, causes, symptoms, cure and how to prevent the disease?
Coronavirus Name, Causes and Symptoms of the Chinese Outbreak
Coronavirus gets its name from the crown-like shape it has and it is a whole family of the virus, not a single one. The coronaviruses can cause the common cold and other severe illnesses which can result in SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) and MERS (Middle-East Respiratory Syndrome) resulting in life-threatening fatalities.
— Bantersaurus ❼ (@1kavaa) January 26, 2020
The coronavirus outbreak has been reported to happen due to the illegal wildlife market in the Chinese city of Wuhan, WHO and other authorities are investigating the whole thing. The basic coronavirus symptoms are runny nose, headache, cough, sore throat, fever, a general feeling of being unwell and one must immediately report to the nearest health center if they feel any of them.
Coronavirus Cure and How to Prevent the Chinese Disease?
The Chinese Government has locked down entire cities, made quarantine zone, is checking everyone at Airports and hospitals, doing whatever they can prevent the disease from spreading. As of now, there is no actual care and Scientists all over the world are working on a cure and people are told to follow certain steps to prevent the disease from infecting others. World Health Organization (WHO) has recommended several guidelines and precautions to prevent the spreading of the disease and reduce exposure.
- Wash your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or warm water and soap frequently
- Cover your mouth and nose with a flexed elbow or tissue when sneezing or coughing and avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever or cough
- Seek early medical help if you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, and share your travel history with the doctors and healthcare providers
- Avoid direct and unprotected contact with live animals, also the surfaces in contact with animals when you visit the live markets in affected areas
- Don’t eating raw or undercooked animal products, and exercise extra care when handling raw meat, milk or animal organs to avoid cross-contamination.