If someone mentions a dog, we think of a cute furry animal that is extremely adorable. Dogs are always sweet and they are ready to fill everyone’s life with pawsomeness. But what you don’t know is that not all dogs live at home. There are a few beautiful fur babies who are saving people’s lives with their courage and confidence. We know that’s so sweet.
In case, you didn’t know, police dogs are a real thing. And the dogs who gets this position has to go through tough training. They are trained so that they can save lives, be helpful, and stay a little tough. Mostly Belgian Malinois, German Shepherds, and Dutch Shepherds are into police. But Bouvier de Flandres, Rottweilers, and Pinschers and also accepted.
If you want to see cute dogs working hard and making us proud, keep scrolling.
1. Too small for a harness?
Too big for a bad guy. Bring it on!!!
2. ‘Yep. I am watching!’
When you take your job wayyyy too seriously.
A dog behaviourist, named Nick Jones said “as well as focusing on basic dog training commands, in the beginning, it is essential that the owner focuses upon creating a dog that is polite, mannerly and can accept control and direction from the handler.”
3. Needed a weapon that’s handy..
Got this pupper instead. I think this will work too. Swweeeettt!
4. First day at work?
5. When you sign up for a job but have no clue what you’re doing…
And the older employees question how you got the job in the first place.
He added, “On the basis that a new puppy is acquired at 8 weeks of age, training can commence from the very beginning. Not in a formal sense, more along the lines of implementing short sits, waits and an introduction to good manners and polite behaviour towards humans and other animals. Training programs evolve over time and as the dog matures and becomes more settled, the owner can increase the challenges set for the dog.”
“It’s good to have a plan, but all plans are subject to minor setbacks and your dog will have no appreciation for the plan that you have and so we are to an extent at the dog’s mercy in terms of how quickly we can make progress in terms of training and behaviour.”
6. Someone: ‘Just be yourself.’ These dogs, the next day:
‘Ok, so when can you start?’ -The officer.
7. ‘Hey, no kisses at work. That’s the rule!’
The little one can steal kisses when no ones looking.
8. When you come home after a long day of work…
And you remove every bit of clothing on your body. AAAHHHH, straight from the door to bed.
“Like people, all dogs are different and adjustments made as we progress are part and parcel of the journey. Try not to let setbacks or a seeming lack of progress deter you, as it’s normal to experience pauses and then surges in your dog’s ability to listen and take directions,” he added.
“In summary, focus on good manners and polite behaviour as your very first port of call, and then gradually layer in increasingly difficult training challenges in keeping with your dog’s progress as it develops.”
9. ‘Just wanted to take pictures for the K-9 unit yearbook’
Asked them to be as natural as possible. Think they did quite well.
10. When you don’t fit your uniform but your spirit is still high…
I shall not give up. Never!
11. ‘But someone said this was the modelling agency…’
Someone lied, Missy. But that’s okay you can still keep that model attitude.
12. Day 2 at work and you haven’t found any bad guy…
‘That is what I came here for’ -This dog.
13. Monday Blues hitting this baby right here…
Wondering if he could do it tomorrow…or after tomorrow. He just wants to sleep. Poor baby!
14. When you’re happy that your hooman is finally taking you to a park but he’s not.
Don’t wanna know what happened seconds later…
15. ‘Hey, I’m the new sheriff here.’
Serious question. Is it acceptable to hangout with the sheriff all the time? Even invite him to dinner? Asking for a friend.
16. Will the smallest member of the K9 Unit, please stand up?
‘Yessss, das me!’ Totally adorbs.
17. Someone’s very happy to meet the bad guys…
Or should we say ‘too enthusiastic’. Gonna catch ’em all tonight.
18. Get yourself someone who looks at you the way this guy looks at his doggo.
Naahhhh fam, you can’t. *crying*
19. ‘Gotcha! You’re coming with me.’
This dog’s a little too excited about his job…
20. “He went straight for the front seat of the pawlice car.”
The smartest gets the front seat, of course!
21. When you’ve got a rigorous training ahead but you’re just a puppy..
…with a puppy heart. Too much for the little soul.
22. That’s a handful.
Imagine them playing during the training. What a view!
23. When the police stop you to question something you didn’t know you did…
..And you give him the straight face. Classic!
24. When you finally see a bad guy!
‘I’m gonna catch you and teach you a lesson, politely.’
25. How your mom takes pictures of you before going to your first job ever..
And you’re still sleeping in your head.
26. Wanted to get his official pictures taken. And this was the only way…
‘Smile, so it shows you’re happy here. Oh well!’
27. Big hat for a small pupper?
‘I may be small, but I’ve got all it takes to be a sheriff’ *bork bork*
28. Presenting, the fluffiest member of the K9 Unit.
Soft on the outside, tough on the inside.