There is no travel machine that can take you back in time. However, you can do things to keep your old memories fresh and alive. There are few people who made efforts to recreate the old pictures, and the results are overly satisfying. Some of them have picked the exact same spot and wearing the same dress to give the perfect feel and vibe of the original photograph.
We at Hiptoro collected some of the best photograph recreations from the series, and have compiled them together for our viewers. Scroll down to see how amazing these pictures look.
1. “I love this motorcycle — same spot, same girl, just 71 years later.”
2. “We had to put my 16-year-old dog down yesterday, but before that, we recreated our favorite photo with him.”
3. “22 years later”
4. “My grandfather and me in Tokyo, 73 years apart”
5. “22 years difference — we were visiting our old hometown and noticed that these poles were still in front of our childhood home. The tree has also grown up very well!”
6. “My best friend and me in 1986, in 2010 at her wedding, and in 2014 at my wedding”
7. “Pictures of my grandfather and me, 40 years apart on the Great Wall of China”
8. “I work with the same doctor that delivered me 21 years ago.”
9. “I saw some childhood friends of mine at a New Year’s party. We all look different now, but we really haven’t changed much.”
10. “Father and son photo recreation, 1979 vs 2019”
11. “My Mother’s Day photo recreation — my daughter is 15 years old.”
12. “I forced my family to participate in some photo recreations from my childhood.”
13. “My grandma and my dad, 1966 and 2020”
14. “Same chair, different sizes!”
15. “My dad (around 1985) and me (2017)”
16. “My husband in the early ’90s vs now”
17. “2011 vs 2017, my brother and me”
Bonus: Celebrities have also recreated some of their old photos.
Tom Cruise is seen riding on a motorcycle in this picture after so many years of filming the movie Top Gun in 1986.
In 2018, the sequel of the film was released, Top Gun: Maverick, and the actor was shown in a very similar scene from the original movie. You’ll be surprised to know that the two photos were taken 32-year apart but the actor still looks as handsome as ever!
Tell us what has changed about you in all these years? Have you thought of recreating an old family picture? Would you make an effort and share the results with us? Tell your thoughts in the comment section below.