Do you remember why your parents asked you not to play with matches? Oh yes, because it could burn down the house. Well, it seems like matches aren’t the only thing that could burn the house. 

Sometimes, it’s the most innocent-looking thing that can create a lot of mess. Most of the time, we don’t even realize that these things could cause so much destruction. You can scroll down to have a look. 

#1 Crystal Ball Can Burn Your House




#2 The Sun Shining Through A Crystal Ball And Burned A Hole Through My Copy Of Goblet Of Fire

#3 The Glass Globe Of This Light Focused The Sunlight Enough To Burn The Suns Path In The Grass

#4 House Fire Started By Sun Reflecting Off Bedroom Mirror

#5 Sunlight On Make-Up Mirror Causes Freak Nottinghamshire House Fire

#6 My Sister Was Putting On Her Make-Up In Front Of A Window And The Mirror She Was Using Burnt A Hole In Her Screen

#7 The Chip Bowl Acted As A Parabolic Mirror And Set A Chip On Fire

#8 My Crystal Ball Paper Weight Burnt A Hole In My Homework

#9 Boy Accidentally Sets Lawn On Fire With Magnifying Glass He Got As Christmas Present

Christmas Day was memorable, to say the least! My twelve-year-old son Cayden, who is an avid reader, an honor student, and interested in science, asked for a magnifying glass for Christmas. (It’s like a basketball player asking for basketball shoes.) We thought it was for reading, but instead, he tried to see if he could light a fire with it! We discovered that he and his two brothers went out on the driveway to see if they could burn a couple of holes in some newspaper. Everything was under control until the boys came running into the house telling us that a corner of the lawn was on fire and the Christmas lights were melting! Justin and I rushed outside to see the entire front lawn turning black! We grabbed buckets, turned on the hose and sprinklers, and I grabbed blankets to smother and trap it – before it could spread any more into the neighbor’s yard! What a sight to see – a bunch of people running around crazy trying to put a front lawn fire out while wearing matching Christmas jammies!
I want to reiterate this was an accident. It could have been worse but it wasn’t. So instead of a tragedy, it will now be a Christmas to remember! 2019- The Christmas lawn lit on fire.
Oh and never buy a magnifying glass for your son!

#10 This Football Shaped Bottle By A Mineral Water Company Ahead Of Football Worldcup Russia 2018 That Turns Into Spherical Magnifying Glass And Gets On Fire When In Sun For More Than A Minute

#11 Martha Stewart Posts Terrifying Photos After Her Makeup Mirror Almost “Ignited” Her Bathroom

BEWARE!!!!! While I was in Tasmania my master bathroom had a serious problem A magnifying makeup mirror, sitting on the back of the toilet, happened to catch the rays of the afternoon sun, reflecting them directly onto the painted window sill. The light was so intense that the paint scorched and smoked And almost ignited! My housekeeper smelled the burning paint and stopped the problem Please take care not to let such a queer thing happen in your home!!!!!

#12 After Washing The Car, Rims Created A Magnifying Effect On The Grass Which Started A Lawn Fire

#13 A Magnifying Mirror Burnt A Window Frame In A Rented Apartment. Suggestions?

#14 My Snowglobe Acted As A Magnifying Glass And Burnt A Line Into My Curtain

#15 My Mom Accidentally Left Her Mirror In Front Of The Window Over The Day. After Coming Back She Found This…