Where there is love, there is war. And sometimes, this war can take a really ugly turn. This is when people decide to end their relationship and live happily without each other.
While there are people who have a valid point why they want to part ways with their better half, there are also people who have the weirdest reason for getting a divorce. If you don’t believe us, keep scrolling because here we have listed the 15 weirdest reasons for getting a divorce that might leave you stunned.
Actually, a Reddit thread asked divorce lawyers to share the weirdest reasons their clients got divorced and the results are truly wild. Scroll down to have a look.
1. “I deal with a lot of divorces at work. I once reviewed a complaint for divorce because the wife always left poop stains in the toilet.”
2. “One of our consults came in because his wife had been proposed to by one of those online scam people posing as the Prince of Turkey or something. She fell for it and was going to give him $45,000 and move to Turkey to marry him.”
“She even said to him, ‘If it doesn’t work out, I’ll come back.'”
—Alyssa Galloway, Facebook
3. “My client divorced her husband because he insisted on bringing his mother on their honeymoon. The reason? Because his mother was STILL breastfeeding him. Yes, the husband, a grown man, was still breastfeeding.”
4. “One of my coworkers has been married seven times. One time she divorced a guy because he was ‘too good-looking’ and she couldn’t trust him. Another time she divorced a man because he came home with the wrong brand of hotdogs that she told him to buy. I wish I was making this up.”
5. “I knew someone who broke off an engagement because her fiancé kept pulling pranks on her, like buying fake lottery tickets and stuff. In her eyes, he was humiliating her in front of friends and family. It was almost like he was running social experiments on her to see how she’d react.”
6. “My friend’s sister was a strict vegetarian. One night her husband gave her fish and meat, but she thought it was a meat substitute. When she found out it was real meat, she divorced him.”
7. “My friend divorced her husband because she read his text messages and saw that he was talking crap about her dogs to his friends. Her DOGS.”
8. “My mom told me that the breaking point of her marriage was when she found out my dad spent $65 a week at Starbucks.”
9. “I knew a couple who got divorced after the wife walked in on her husband who was rubbing poop from their baby’s diaper all over his body…”
10. “In the ’70s, when mundane middle-class people did ridiculous things, my aunt’s husband and the father of her two children divorced her because they ‘no longer saw the same things in paintings.'”
11. “One of my clients got a divorce because his partner would keep the chips they bought in the car so she wouldn’t have to share them with his family during reunions.”
12. “I had a client file for divorce because every morning his wife would ask him how he takes his coffee. EVERY morning for seven years.”
13. “My aunt divorced my uncle via a note. It was written on the brown paper wrapping of a pork roast, and it read, ‘I’m leaving you for Diane.’ My uncle wasn’t sure which to be more confused about: that she divorced him via pig steak missive, or that she was a lesbian.”
“Her being a lesbian obviously isn’t a weird reason to get divorced, but it’s a great story and kudos to my aunt for coming out and leaving her husband at a time (in the ’70s) when both were arguably less popular than they are now.”
14. “My cousin divorced his wife because, after his wife’s father murdered two people in a robbery-gone-wrong, she defended him and harassed the victim’s family over Facebook.”
15. And: “I knew someone who got divorced the same day they got married. The groom was dancing with his sister at the reception, and the bride asked to cut in. His sister tried to punch her in the face but missed and punched the bride’s sister. All hell broke loose. The night ended with the bride asking the groom to choose between her or his sisters. He chose his sisters.”
“The dinner hadn’t even been served yet! I’m sure the bride ignored countless red flags.”
—Carolina Rodriguez de Saucedo, Facebook