It’s hard to believe but the genius Stephen Hawking is no longer with us. But right before his death, he started compiling a book which answers the 10 most fundamental questions which he was constantly asked.
The first and foremost of these questions was about the existence of God. And Mr. Hawking clearly said that there is no such thing. He said that we all are free to have our own beliefs. And his belief is that there is no supreme God. No one directs us.
The 10 questions also included questions on time travel, the origin of mankind, artificial intelligence and colonization of space.
Daily Mail released a report in which it mentioned all the 10 questions along with the quoted answers of Mr. Hawking.
1. Is there a God? ‘There is no God. No one directs the universe.’
2. How did it all begin? ‘In a hot Big Bang.’
3. Is there other intelligent life in the Universe? ‘There are forms of intelligent life out there. We need to be wary of answering back until we have developed a bit further.’
4. Can we predict the future? ‘No and yes. In principle the laws allow us to predict the future but in practice, it is too difficult.’
5. What is inside a Black Hole? ‘Falling into a black hole is definitely bad news. If it were a stellar-mass black hole you would be made into spaghetti before reaching the horizon’
6. Is Time Travel Possible? ‘Travel back in time can’t be ruled out according to our present understanding’
7. Will we survive on Earth? ‘The present world order has a future but it will be a very different one.’
8. Should we colonize space? ‘I expect within the next hundred years we will be able to travel to anywhere in the Solar System’
9. Will Artificial Intelligence outsmart us? ‘A super-intelligent AI will be extremely good at accomplishing goals and if those goals aren’t aligned with ours we’re in trouble.’
10. How do we shape the future? ‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet.’
Source- Daily Mail
In his new book, Stephen Hawking expressed his worries on the breakthrough in genetics and new human race. The book is titled “Brief Answers to the Brief Questions” and was launched this Sunday at the Science Museum.
Source- Daily Mail