One of the most iconic sedan vehicles from Honda, the Honda Civic has been a very popular car in the US. Having first started off in 1973, the latest model of the car is the 2019 Honda Civic. A part of the tenth-generation Honda Civic cars, the 2019 model brings quite a few changes to the exterior and the interior designs.
The 2019 Honda Civic, in line with other gen-next cars, also brings in many new technologies which make it a driver friendly vehicle. While this new Honda Civic also comes in a hatchback and a coupe variant, this article only deals with the 2019 Honda Civic Sedan.
Details on the 2019 Honda Civic Engine
The 2019 model of the Honda Civic comes with a choice of two transmissions and two engines. A 2.0-litre, four-cylinder engine is available for the lower trims. Compared to this, the upper trims can get a 1.5-litre, turbocharged four-cylinder engine. Alteratively, both these variants have a choice between a six-speed transmission or a CVT.
The six-speed transmission provides 25 miles per gallon in city areas and about 36 miles per gallon on highways. With CVT, the mileage is better – 30/38 on an average while it 32/42 when optimum.
The Interior of 2019 Honda Civic
Up to five passengers can be comfortably seated in this new Honda Civic. The car offers a large trunk space of 15.1 cubic feet. This makes the cargo capacity larger than that of the Chevrolet Cruze and the Volkswagen Jetta (which offer 14.8 and 14.1 cubic feet respectively).
The rear seats of the car provide a 60/40 split which makes it a more comfortable experience. The 2019 Honda Civic is indeed one of the most comfortable cars out there!
Tech Upgrades in Honda Civic 2019
The 2019 Honda Civic comes with a 7-inch TFT display on the front. It supports Apple’s CarPlay as well as Android Auto. Moreover, the touchscreen display now comes with a dedicated volume knob – which was a much-needed improvement.
Furthermore, Honda’s driver assistance features are a part of this car as well. The Honda Sensing suite features provide an enhanced driving experience. These features include the likes of collision-mitigating breaks, automatic high-beams and lane assistance among other features. This brings the Honda Civic at par with the likes of Toyota Corolla and other cars which offer such smart features.
2019 Honda Civic Price
The price of the Honda Civic (2019) ranges from $19,450 for the most basic variant and $27,300 + $895 (destination) for the top model. Here’s a detailed look –
- The LX Model: The LX Model is the most basic Honda Civic (2019) model out there. It is priced in at $19,450. This is the only model that does not come with the touchscreen display.
- Sport Trim: The Sport Trim model is priced in at $21,150 and provides some luxurious improvements.
- The EX Mode: This model is priced in at $23,400 and offers a sun-roof and satellite radio among other features.
- EX-L Model: Priced in at $24,600 – this model brings in leather seats and other improvements.
- Touring Model: The top-end 2019 Honda Civic, the touring model is priced at $27,300 and brings in heated seating, 10-speaker audio system and many more features.
2019 Honda Civic Review