The Nokia 5.1 Plus was announced almost 2 years ago as Nokia X5 in China. It was launched as Nokia 5.1 Plus in 2018. The Nokia 5.1 Plus, alongside all the other eligible Nokia smartphones that didn’t receive Android 10, should get the update by the end of June this year. In India, Nokia 5.1 Plus users will now receive the latest Android 10 update.
The phone was launched in India in August 2018 with Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box. The phone has received the Android 9 Pie update, and it is now getting its second major Android update is Android 10. HMD Global has updated a total of 15 Nokia smartphones to the latest version of the OS.
HMD Global ( the post-Microsoft continuation of Android-based Nokia devices) has announced the update rollout in 34 countries, including India, Australia, Russia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Thailand, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, and Vietnam, etc.
The rollout will begin across the globe in two phases. This is just the first wave of the rollout. There will be another phase of it. The rest of the countries will receive further updates soon.
Nokia 5.1 Plus now receiving Android 10
The company has committed to two years of OS updates for the 5.1 Plus, which launched in December of 2018. Will the Android 11 update arrive before the deadline or is this the last major update? Well, that is a question to be asked in some future updates.
Here are some new and exciting features that Nokia 5.1 Plus owners will experience after installing the update:
- Gesture Navigation: control of your Nokia smartphone just got slicker, with faster and more intuitive controls at the tip of your fingers.
- Smart Reply: receive even smarter responses in messages, not just wording but actions you can take.
- Privacy Controls: have even more control of your personal data all in one place, and control when your location is shared with your apps – be that always, just while in use, or never
- Focus mode: block out distracting apps when you need to concentrate on what is important.
- Family Link: now part of the Digital Wellbeing settings, helping parents set digital ground rules for the whole family.